I hate ants. If there is one thing that we aren’t always exactly organic about, it’s dealing with ants. Mostly we break our organic rules with fire ants, but those little suckers can cause just as many problems. I searched the net to find some ways to deal with ants and here’s a few methods. Anybody have any other methods for ants? Do you have any suggestions for dealing with fire ants naturally?
- Baby Powder: You can dust this directly on to the ants when you see them and at all entry points where you think they might be entering.
- Cucumber Peelings: Leave cucumber peelings in the areas where ants appear, these peelings are toxic to ants and will ward them off.
- Vinegar & Water Wipe: Wipe down any surfaces where ants appear. Counter tops, tables, and even cupboards. They dislike the smell of vinegar, ultimately keeping them away.
- Bay Leaves & Cloves: Another smell related trap for the ants. They’ll stay away from the smells they hate most!
- Coffee Grounds: These can be spread around your house, but the best place for the grounds is the garden. It will keep your flowers and plants ant free!
- Chalk: Draw chalk lines from there point of entry. They will avoid it like the plague!
- Lemon Juice: Dabbing lemon juice around doors and windows can keep ants away.
- Baking Soda & Powdered Sugar: If your looking to do more then keeping ants away use this little mixture to kill the small intruders! Mix 1 part baking soda with 1 part powdered sugar. The sugar will attract them and the baking soda will kill them.
- Cinnamon: Using this in the powdered form or in an essential oil spray can do wonders for keeping ants away and is easy to clean up.
- Cornmeal: This is best used out on your deck to get ants away from your patio or garden area. Just sprinkle cornmeal in high traffic areas.
Hey! This post might have some affiliate links. That means if you click a link and buy something, we make money-and it doesn’t even cost you anything! Pretty cool right?