We are taking reservations for our heritage turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The earlier we know you want a turkey, the better we can plan. We are offering Bourbon Red turkeys, fully processed and plucked. Bourbon reds are an amazing tasting turkey that has been endorsed by Martha Stewart. She said she won’t have anything else for Thanksgiving and that’s exactly what our customers say too.
Why are your turkeys so much more expensive than the ones at Walmart?
If you have never eaten a Heritage Turkey, now is a good opportunity to try one. Don’t be confused with “feed mill” turkeys sold by stores like Walmart or Stater’s. Heritage turkeys take 3 to 4 times as long to raise as the commercial breed and tastes 10 times as good. Heritage turkeys are also healthier and happier birds. The commercial butterball turkey, the Broad Breasted White, grows so fast that its bones and organs can’t keep up. These birds often die of strokes and are crippled. An unhappy bird is a poor tasting bird. Plus you don’t want to ingest all those stress hormones. Our birds are raised outside where they get to eat bugs and run around. Besides being more humane, this also creates a better tasting meat. One last point is that taste develops with age and the commercial butterball is harvested so young that there’s no time to develop any taste. You get what you pay for!
- Turkeys are fed a fresh diet of grass, fruits and vegetables to enhance the taste and nutrients of the meat.
- Dressed turkeys weigh between 10 and 20 pounds.
- Turkeys cost $7.25/pound-$35 deposit
- They will be ready one to two weeks before Thanksgiving or Christmas.
HOW TO ORDER
- We ALWAYS sell out! Please order your turkey as soon as possible before the pick up date.
- Order above and pay deposit with paypal or in person
- Pick up your bird on pick up day and bring a check for the remainder of your bill.
- Technically, you are buying a live bird from us-however, we are willing to butcher them for free and assume you want this service unless you otherwise specify.
PICK UP INFORMATION
- Pick up takes place on TBD, between 9:30 AM and 6:00 PM.
- If you can’t pick up your turkey at this time, arrange for a friend to do so.
- Pick up is on a first-come, first-served basis, unless you stop by the farm earlier to pick out your turkey!
- FFR does not offer deposit refunds to customers who cannot get a bird of a certain weight.
- The turkey comes already processed and plucked although you’re welcome to join us for our processing class
- Come early for the best selection.
Thanks and enjoy your bird!