Help us raise the funds to purchase more horses for our guests. We are offering a 50% stay until the end of January. All proceeds will go towards expanding the horse program and purchasing additional fantastic and safe horses for YOU to ride.
Get Your Hands Dirty on a Working Farm
Flip Flop Ranch • Lucerne Valley, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Farmhouse ($250)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two Adults and Two Kids Under 15 in the Farmhouse ($350)
- Daily Country Breakfast
- Hands-On Farm Tour Including Feeding Animals and Milking Goats with the Farmers
- All-inclusive activities upgrade available for discounted horse riding, archery and more
Drive two hours east of Los Angeles, past San Bernadino and its mountains, until the suburbs thin out to wide-open land on the fringes of the Mojave Desert. Welcome to Lucerne Valley, where horse ranches, rock formations, and two dry lakes make for strikingly beautiful scenery.
Horses and peacocks and sheep, oh my! Barnyard buddies and city slickers alike will want to flock to theFlip Flop Ranch, a working 40-acre farm filled with furry friends and yummy breakfasts in the heart of Lucerne Valley. Stay in one of the colorful guest rooms in the bright and airy guest house, and experience country life at its best—more than your average farm, the Flip Flop is home to several endangered breeds of livestock and domestic animals. Each morning, you’ll wake to a hearty, home-cooked breakfast that includes farm-fresh eggs and pancakes (gluten-free options are also available).
Feel free to roll up your sleeves and get grit under your nails alongside a family of good-natured farmers, learning as you go. Guests pitch in around the property, helping to feed the livestock, collect chicken eggs, and milk the goats. You can bring an apple or carrot to share with the horses, pet a sheep, or take a gander at the gaggle of endangered Cotton Patch geese—the ranch has the largest flock in the world—to learn more about the farm’s conservation efforts.
Or, just kick back and enjoy the simple, unhurried atmosphere; you can spend time holding baby goats, napping in the afternoon, or horseback riding in the desert. At the end of the day, a sky full of stars and roasted marshmallows around the fire will be your sweet rewards.
Check out Flip Flop Ranch on YouTube.
“We had an amazing experience at Flip Flop Ranch! Fantastic people and we learned a lot about what happens on a farm. Highly recommended!”
our 30-day promise
We give you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now – January 8, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing reservations
- Voucher includes daily country breakfast and hands-on farm tour including feeding animals and milking goats with the farmers
- Authentic farm stay. Property is not a hotel, resort or bed & breakfast; shared bathrooms, breakfasts are communal
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests (option A) or 2 adults and 2 kids under 15 (option B)
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 2 weeks in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Additional fees apply for horse riding and all day children’s program
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Children are welcome at the property
- Pets are not allowed
- No smoking around the animals
- Other conditions apply • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 8, 2015
For our customers who purchased our discounted non-riding stay but would like to ride, the upgrade includes the full range of activities offered in our all-inclusive stay. This starts with a tour of the ranch and an orientation to the horses the afternoon you arrive. During day 2, your full day of stay, you can take off on the mountain bikes, ride the horses during the morning and evening rides, help with the farm chores, or play pool in the game room. The young ones can join the rides if they’re old enough or they can have lead line pony rides in the arena.
Kid’s activities include feeding animals and milking goats, games, crafts, hikes, baby animal time, and more. Parents are welcome to participate in the kiddy activities (some of them are really fun for adults too like making soap or doing archery and who doesn’t love cuddling baby animals), but we will take care of your little ones all day (including a brown bag lunch) if you want some adult time! This is $750 worth of activities for only $200 or half that for couples!
Bed and Breakfast Travel Cancellation Insurance
You might want to consider trip cancellation insurance to protect your deposit. The Dude Ranchers Association are associated with Travel Guard insurance.
More Small Print
To ride outside the arena, children must be mature and large enough to safely control their horse on the trail — we look at the child’s size, coordination, and attitude on horseback. Typically children are ready to ride at about age eight. Children who are not yet ready to trail ride will ride with a wrangler in the arena while parents are on the trail.Please feel free to call us to discuss any questions you might have about your child’s readiness to ride. Safety is our first concern.
Riding “double” is extremely dangerous, and is not practiced here.
California room and meals tax and gratuity not included.
Some restrictions apply. Call for details. Sorry, no pets. Adult non-rider rates are the same as the additional adult rate.
[ezcol_1quarter][/ezcol_1quarter] [ezcol_1quarter][/ezcol_1quarter] [ezcol_1quarter][/ezcol_1quarter] [ezcol_1quarter_end][/ezcol_1quarter_end]